Saturday 7 April 2012

«One Life?» Video for Kaleidoscope String Quartet

I just completed this video a couple of days ago. It is for a track called «One Life?» by the Kaleidoscope String Quartet. In it's original version it is purely strings. This video is for the remix by Patrik Zeller, who brought in some drums and electronic noodlings.
The epic scope of the sound inspired me to try timelapse photography for the first time. Little did I know, how much time this technique requires. For one minute of video you need 60 times 25 pictures, which makes 1500 individual photos. For a video of about six minutes length this means 9000 images. Considering you cannot use all the material and you need some room to play during editing, i reckon I must have taken between 15'000 and 20'000 photos for this project. Mind you, I'm very pleased with the result.

One Life? from Steven Götz on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment